Mr. Bjelica has 20 years of experience and has served in a number of management and technical capacities including real estate investment, consulting, project management and manufacturing engineering in both private and public sectors. He joined Solidity in 2011.
As Head of Real Estate Group of EKI Investment, a renowned Belgrade-based investment company, Boris managed the real-estate portfolio and real-estate team in the period 2006-2011. He managed and controlled all project processes – project management, retail, urbanism/zoning, finances, consulting, marketing, as well as the management of the SPVs. He managed the RE portfolio (cca 30,000 sqm) of subsidiary „Novi dom“ a.d., including the project management and leasing of the Shopping Center „Pašino brdo“ (13,000 sqm, 20+ tenants).
Through signing of long-term lease contracts, he established contacts with a number of renowned retailers and companies, including Accor, Telekom Srbija, a number of banks, Pošta Srbije, Konzum, Mercator, Mercator, Simpo, Mr Bricolage, MPC Holding Iksel, Fashion Group, Jugohemija etc. Boris had previously worked for the American Embassy in Montenegro (2 years) and Applied Materials Inc. (7 years) in Hillsboro, Oregon, USA. Boris holds an MBA degree from Portland State University and a BS degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from Oregon State University.
Some of more notable projects were:
- Part of the consulting team for the sale process of the following:
- Novi dom AD, Belgrade – acquisition, property disposal, management, restructuring
- IMT Belgrade – reorganization and sale preparation, 2007
- Nokturno Property, Koper, Slovenia, 2013
- Panto Group, Montenegro – 2010
- Marbo Product – sale to PepsiCo Group, successfully completed in 2008
- Commercial projects, downtown Belgrade:
- 31,000 sqm, mix-use, A-class, including the planned Hilton Hotel
- 3,500 sqm office building in downtown Belgrade
- Land development – managed the entire process (acquisition of individual plots, reclassification, conversion, zoning and urbanism, reparcellization, etc),:
- 150ha property near Nikola Tesla Int’l Airport
- 40 ha in the commercial zone on Belgrade’s West Side